About Cyndi Stevenson
Cyndi is a CPA by profession with over 20 years of experience in public accounting and in industry. She has worked in both large and small public accounting firms and maintained her own practice for a number of years. She has served as the controller for an insurance company as well as Children’s Home Society of Florida, one of the largest child welfare providers in the State. She also has experience in real estate, healthcare and small business.
From 2004 to 2015 she committed herself to public service as County Commissioner of one of the fastest growing counties in the State of Florida. After having been elected county wide three times, she successfully ran for Florida House of Representatives in a special election in April 2015 and is now serving in her second term in the Florida House.
St. Johns County- Focused Accomplishments For US!
- Streamlined government by reducing overly burdensome regulation
- Worked to reduce or cut our taxes numerous times.
- Helped grow our businesses and create good-paying jobs in Florida. All while working to increase public safety and our quality of life.
As your representative in Tallahassee, she has served as Chairman of Insurance and Banking, Vice Chair of Health Care Appropriations and Chairman of Government Oversight and Transparency. She works hard to fight for our shared priorities and produce results for us!
Long Record Of Results For St. Johns County in Tallahassee
- Sponsored and helped pass bills to protect seniors from fraud
- Improved access to quality healthcare and to keep down costs
- Fought to improve access to mental health services
- Worked to protect Florida’s waters and natural resources.
- Stood up to big government and fought back against excess regulations so our small businesses can compete and our economy can grow and create high paying jobs and opportunities for Floridians.
Cyndi is a life-long Floridian who enjoys fishing, sailing, kayaking, bicycling and community service. She and Henry, her husband of 37 years, live in the Julington Creek area of NW St. Johns County. They have two grown sons who were raised in St. Johns County and graduated from the county’s top ranked school system.